Saturday, October 3, 2009

What happend to my cute LITTLE puppy??











It's been a while since I've updated my blog. It's been rather busy around here. It's been nothing but work, rehabbing my knee and taking care of what once was a little 10 lbs fur ball. How many times have you heard someone with a little puppy say this.."I wish I could just give him a pill that would make him stay this size forever". Boy do they have that right. Buster is amazing. He's also getting HUGE!! At his 8 week Dr. checkup he weighed 20 lbs. His next check up is this Monday, I'm betting his weighs over 30. The Vet said "he's going to be a big boy". LOL. Tell me something I don't know. He's already there. In regards to training, it's been going great. He's training US well. He trained me to get me to stand in front of him, say sit and shake while he sits down in front of me, hold his paw out for me to take and then give him a treat. He's very good at it. He loves his treats and I have to admit, I love giving them to him. Bogey and Buster are becoming pretty good friends. Bogey won't admit to liking the "little" guy...keep in mind the "little guy" is actually taller that Bogey now and Bogey walks underneath Buster. As I said..Bogey won't admit to taking a liking to Buster but we've caught him a few times after returning home sitting as close to Buster's cage as possible while we were away. He doesn't growl at him much these days and will actually share a food and water dish with Buster from time to time. Buster's been the best thing to happen to Bogey for a long time. He still misses his best friend Buddy...we all do..but Buster is the next best thing and is making Bogey feel young again. It's pretty funny to see the look on Bogey's face when Buster is doing his "wild and crazy" puppy stuff. Bogey just watches him toss his toys, run after balls, jump, roll, etc... and then looks at me with this "the kid is just plain nuts" look on his face. As far as the rest of us are concerned, we agree with Bogey. Buster has become the center of attention around the Byrne house. To say he's getting a lot of attention would be a huge understatement. Buster seems to like us as well. To see the look on his face and his response when he hears Kathleen walk in the door after a hard day of work is priceless. Buster hears the door open...ears perk up..he hears the door close..he stops what he's doing. He hears foot steps..he runs to the doorway. He see's Kathleen and he runs as fast as his can toward her with his tail wagging a million miles per hour. Here are a few pictures and a video of Buster. As you can see...he's starting to look like a dog!! Not a little puppy. Oh..and by the way. He's found the coolest spot in the house during these hot summer days. The refrigerator. See for yourself..that was a few weeks ago...when he still "fit" in the fridge. He doesn't fit anymore.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment