Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Wife...dog training....and me

When I started this blog weeks ago, you might have noticed the title was "Dog's, my wife, family and..oh yeah..me". I've been talking mostly about the impact my dogs have had on my life, especially the passing of my Buddy and the recent addition of Buster.
Today, it's my wife's turn in the spotlight. When I brought up getting a new puppy over a month ago, Kathleen said NO WAY!!. I asked again..she said NO..I asked a few days later, she said no. I noticed the NO was not quite a loud. So..I started looking...LOL. I sent her pictures of cute little puppies. She said no again and to stop sending the pictures. So..of course I sent a few more. Keep in mind, she knew at that time in a few short weeks my son Michael and I were going to be having surgery on our knees and both Mike and Tommy were going to be starting college in a few weeks...and she does have a full time job. So..I sent a few more pictures of puppies for sale I found on the Internet. She said.."if we get a new puppy, I'm not going to be the only one getting up in the middle of the night, picking up the back yard full of poop, training him..etc.." Mike, Tommy and I all said "Of course not..We are all going to help". Kathleen knew full well that she was going to be doing most of the puppy work. But she went along with it anyway. She finally gave me the nod to start puppy shopping. HA!! My plan worked. I knew she couldn't resist those cute puppy pictures. So..here we are, two weeks into having Buster at home. I'm still limping around on crutches sitting up stairs since 5:00 am Saturday morning while Kathleen is down stairs taking care of Buster and Bogey. She was up at 3:30 am this morning, took Buster outside..went back to bed for a hour or so and then up again at 5:00 am. She gets up every morning around 4:30 am to let Buster outside. She's picking up the messes the little guy has made...and still doing all the laundry, picking up the house, helping the boys with their college prep, cooking dinners, making lunches, basically making our house a home...and of course working at her full time job. And she's doing it all without complaining. As I type this I hear her downstairs saying "No biting" for about the 5th time in the last 10 minutes. Buster is getting trained by the world's best trainer. I know..she trained me. Buster doesn't stand a chance. LOL. She's amazing. We are all lucky to have her training us. You too Bogey. Nod and say WOOF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment