Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Finally...It's time...Buster meets the Ear Monster


Let's get ready to
RUMBLE!!!!



Well, the day is finally here. Time for Buster to meet Bogey. We're not sure what to expect later today when Buster arrives. I don't expect much response from Bogey. I'm pretty sure he will totally ignore the puppy for a few weeks, that's what Basset Hounds do...the fun part is going to see how Buster responds to seeing this funny looking floppy eared Monster. He may go into shock at just the sight of Bogey. I can't wait to see Bogey's reaction the first time Buster gets a hold of those ears and gives them a big tug...or pulls on his tail...or jumps on his back. That "hey kid, can you give an old man a break" look on Bogey's face will be priceless. I hope they become great friends. Buddy will never be replaced but I have a good feeling that Buster will bring new life to Bogey. He still misses his old friend and a young pup might be just what the Dr. ordered to get him back to his old self. His old self...the thought of that send shudders down my spine. As I said on the first day of this blog..I can't believe I am doing this again.
Anyway...it should be an interesting, fun and very long day. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

P.S. For those of you who think I'm just making this stuff up about Basset Hounds...and Bogey. Here is something I cut and pasted from an Internet Dog site. This is honest assessment they make regarding Basset Hounds. I just took the highlights. And these are the good points of a Basset!!!

Basset Hounds are not Golden Retrievers. They are independent thinkers who don't particularly care about pleasing you. Most Basset Hounds are very stubborn and can be manipulative. You must show them, through absolute consistency, that you mean what you say.
Basset Hounds should never be left outside in your yard, unsupervised. Their deep voice carries a LONG way. The mournful baying and howling will have your neighbors calling the cops to report the nuisance -- or quietly letting your Basset Hound out of his yard so he'll wander away. Many Basset Hounds, especially those with massive jowls, slobber and drool, especially after eating and drinking. Gassiness (flatulence) that can send you running for cover.
Basset Hounds cannot be trusted off-leash. They will take off -- oblivious to your frantic shouts -- after anything that emits an odor or runs. Slowness to learn and an independent "what's in it for me?" attitude toward training -- can be very stubborn. Yikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment