Sunday, August 23, 2009

Why everyone needs a dog

I started this blog with a comment about why I would want to do this again. "This" being get a new puppy. I know my wife Kathleen was wondering the same thing. We're busy, having three son's, ages 20-18-18, our kids are taking care of themselves for the most part so we've got a little more free time these days. Did we really want to get tied down to having to take care of a puppy? Well..it's been 5 days and I can honestly say it's been the most enjoyable 5 days my family has had in many years. Is it a lot of work? You bet. Do we all need some extra sleep about now? Yep..but Buster did make it ALMOST through the night last night so we can't really complain at all. The best part of having a new puppy around the house is seeing the energy of a little puppy. The look on his face when he tries to catch a fly for the first time. His eyes are seeing everything for the first time. It's also very entertaining to see a puppy make everything a toy. You can buy him the most expensive doggy toy in the world only to watch him play for hours with an old sock or try to pull off a tag from Bogey's bed. Don't tell the mattress police. Mike and I were playing with Buster on Thursday. He was is full puppy mode at the time. Non stop action. The world is his playground. Mike made a comment to me about how much energy Buster has. I told Mike that I think Buster is thinking..."hey, I'm a dog, I've got about 12 good years in this world..I'm not wasting a minute". Good advice for us all. We can all learn something from having a puppy full of so much life around us from time to time. We all have a limited about of time in this world. Let's not waste a minute of it. Go out and make the world your playground.

Here is a quick little video of what I am taking about..I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for reading..

2 comments:

  1. Cute Video and Wow I loved your comment about going and making the world your playground. Very timely comment for me. I will have to stop by. The weekend came and went so fast. Not sure I took advantage of making the world my playground...I cleaned house all weekend but I have my bedroom back and it feels great! I was going to invite Buster over because I have new tags on my new mattress,new pillows and new blanket but...what happens if he doesn't stop with just the tags! I'll let him play around at your house for a little while longer. I think I'll wait and invite him over when he can have his first swimming lesson. And...okay you can bring Bogey too. I've never seen Bogey swim. Does Bogey need to have a lifeguard on duty. I just imagine him sinking straight to the bottom. I guess the creepy crawley in the pool could come to Bogey's rescue if that were to be the case! Anyway, glad to hear the Byrne family is having fun and enjoying the new found energy. Tell the boys Auntie Cheryl sends her love...Love you, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, Bogey is actually a pretty good swimmer. He looks pretty funny swimming with his ears floating in the water as he swims. He does need to keep those size 12 feet moving all the time or he will sink like a lead weight.
    Love ya
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete