Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Bogey




Yesterday was day three of my knee surgery recovery time with Bogey. My son Michael had his knee surgery yesterday, everything went well and he should be back as good as new in a few weeks. We make quite the pair sitting around with our left knees wrapped up and our right knees marked with "NO" on them. And of course, Bogey sitting right by our sides all day long. I stepped on Bogey three times today and hit him accidentally with my crutches twice. Bogey also stepped on my foot 3 times himself and almost tripped me down the stairs on more than one occasion. I'm not sure who's more bummed out more about Mike and I having to have knee surgery, us or Bogey. Dogs seem to sense when we feel badly more than even we do with each other. He was a little freaked out when I came home from the operation, I can't imagine what's going through his mind today when Mike came home with the same bandage on the same knee and another person walking around the house with crutches. So...the Good is Mike and I had our surgeries and everything went well, the Bad is I'm already sick and tired of laying around my house...and I still have a few more days of having to totally stay off my feet...and the Bogey. I wrote this original posting around 8:00pm last night. It's now 4:30 am Saturday morning and I've been up with Bogey all night. So has Kathleen. He didn't feel the need to sleep tonight for some reason. Now I'm sitting here typing and he finally is sleeping near my side. I feel bad for him as I know his perfect dog life that was totally turned upside down has still not returned to normal...and it may never again. But he doesn't know what awaits him in just a few short days. Max...or whatever his name will be will be bringing some friendship to Bogey and my family. I can't wait...I hope Bogey feels the same way next Wednesday afternoon. I did find something that Bogey likes that I never knew about until yesterday. He loves popcorn. Who knew dog would eat popcorn.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog and will add you to my google reader to keep updated! I think I have a perfect match for Bogey...his name is Coach our Toy Poddle who is almost blind. He follows me everywhere I go and gets stepped on several times a day. We got a new puppy Chihuahua in December thinking she would give him a friend and he is irritated by her...hope Bogey likes the new guy! The puppy has tried to get Coach to like her and he now tolerates her...Little Macy has moved on to the new kitties we brought home from the barn...she is trying to teach the kitties to fetch and chase her! Poor girl just wants a friend to play with and has resorted to the cats! We said we would never get any more animals and yet this past year we have added 1 dog, 2 kitties and a Horse! We are turning into our own Zoo! We really do need our own farm and land soon! lol

    ReplyDelete