Friday, August 14, 2009

A day off with Bogey

As you know, Wedneday I had knee surgery, so today I got the day off of work. I stayed home all day today laying on the couch downstairs watching golf, baseball, poker and Bogey. It's been a while since I spend the entire day with the Bogmiester. I layed around and did nothing...while he layed around and did nothing. Laying around doing nothing is the standard day in the life of Bogey. He did try to follow me around when I did make my slow move around the house on crutches. He seemed a bit bothered seeing me struggle to move around. When I walked up and down the stairs he walked with me..one step at a time by my side..as if to make sure I didn't fall. He was my Basset Hound guardian angel today. We we got to the top of the stairs he then stopped right in my tracks which made for a interested move on my part not to step on him. Instead, I walked over him, one leg and one crutch on one side, the other leg and crutch on the other. At least 10 trips upstairs and it was the same every time. If nothing else, Bogey is consistent.
Tomorrow we start the preparations for the new puppy. Build a caged off area in the garage..buy a crate for his indoor training, puppy food, a new leash, collar, etc..you get the picture. Speaking of a new leash, one thing that Buddy used to do that was very funny was with his leash. His leash would hang in the garage on a few hooks. Every time he went into the garage he would go over and pull on his leash until it fell free. Sometimes I wouldn't and he would almost pull the hooks off the wall. Then he would sit in the garage with his leash in his mouth waiting for us to take him for a walk. Talk about feeling guilty if you didn't have time for that walk. Buddy would also pull down Bogey leash. If we did take a walk, Buddy would also take Bogey's leash in his mouth and hold onto Bogey for the entire walk if we didn't take the leash back. He didn't trust Bogey not to take off running if we didn't have complete control over Bogey. It will be interesting to see if we can train the new puppy the leash holding tricks. We didn't teach these to Buddy, he just did it on his own.
So..sorry the blog is so short today, I guess the pain medications are affecting my creativity tonight. Today my son Michael is having knee surgery of his own so it should be rather boring..and also a bit hectic around here at the same time. Bogey will have two sit around the house doing nothing partners for the next few days.
I should take a picture of my knees. Pretty funny, my right knee has a note written on it by the nurse. It says NO..to keep the Dr. from operating on the wrong knee. My left knee is totally covered but it had a X on it before the surgery. I'm wondering it any other body parts have notes on them. I'll check tomorrow when I finally get to take a shower.
In the new puppy name department...it's now Buster, leading Max...leading Corona, followed by Coastie (for my son Sean in the Coast Guard), Putter, and Mike's favorite..Carlos. Don't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment