Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm so confused!!!


While I promised myself I didn't want to bring up politics on my Dog Blog...I can't help myself this morning and hopefully while being "slightly" political this morning, I'll still manage to tie it all back to my dog.
A few years ago while filling up my gas tank I was behind a man buying a small bottle of water. He was complaining about the high cost of gas at the time. I think the gas was around $3.50 per gallon. He was being a rather large jerk to the poor kid working behind the counter, like it was this kids fault that gas was expensive. As he was complaining about the high price of gas, he was also paying for that small bottle of water....the price was well over a dollar for that small bottle of water. I remember chatting with the guy behind the counter about how this guy just complained about paying $3.50 per gallon for the gas, yet he had no problem paying about 5 times that price per gallon for a bottle of WATER!!! So...how does this tie into dogs and politics.
This weekend my wife Kathleen took Bogey to the vet for his shots. He also had a few other problems (mostly mental) that we wanted to take care of before we bring home the new puppy in two days. The bill from the vet was almost $250.00. I haven't received my bill yet from the Dr. that performed my knee surgery but I am expecting my Co-Pay to be less than the bill we paid for that trip to the vet. I'm not complaining about the vet bill. She needs to pay the bills. And Bogey is worth it. He's worth it..isn't he? Anybody? A little help? Ok, back to my point...so where I am going with this? Here is my question for the day. We keep hearing about how bad our health care system is in this country (you won't hear me complaining, I love my medical care) and how we need to totally overhaul our medical care system. It's a CRISIS!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....yet I wonder how many people who don't feel the need to purchase health care...or want to complain about how expensive their health care is...won't bat an eye to spend just as much or more money on health care for their pets. They also think health care is too expensive but will spend more money on a daily basis for a pack of cigarettes, or a six pack of beer, or a cup of Starbucks coffee, OR A BOTTLE OF WATER...than they spend on their own or their kids health care. The priorities of some people in this country need some serious adjustments. How many poor people in this country don't have health care insurance because they claim they can't afford it.. yet spend money every day on things that at the end of the day, make them sick...such as cigarettes, beer, high fat fast food. Poor people in third world countries are dying because they don't have enough food..while millions of poor people in the USA are over weight, smoke cigarettes and drink beer...and still have enough money to take care of their pets, yet can't afford health care for their kids. I'm I missing something here??? Anyone?? Ok, I'm off my soapbox...tomorrow back to dogs. Talking about dogs is more fun, people are confusing...and complain too much. Bogey just said WOOF....without using a teleprompter....and he writes his own material.

2 comments:

  1. Right with ya! I'm fine paying for my own hospital bills but, everyone else should too. No more free rides for all these illigals coming in and having babies for FREE! My husband worked 2 jobs (we were barely making it by)and with insurance we had $1000's of medical bills for our twins delivery and ICU stay...yet if we didn't have health care we could have qualified for the government to pay for it...something is wrong when you get rewarded for not having a job! I also hear my neighbor complain about her son's health care bills (he has Eplipsey) yet everytime I see the parents they are both smoking and drinking! I haven't watched the news in months because I just would rather not know what this crazy President is doing to our country...what I don't know keeps my blood pressure down! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Like I said last night, you should have been a jouralist. Love, Marlene

    ReplyDelete